Surrendering of False conqueror- Part-1
It is almost sure that so called Devanampiya/Asokan inscription and its art and architecture greatly influenced by Persia or he himself a Yavana king taking the Indian title. Geographical account to this is always the perfect answer to it. In this regard following views may be taken into account.
1.It was a novel Idea of King Asoka to communicate with people by inscribing the Edicts. Truly speaking, it was an original idea of King Darius of Persia (6th century BC). King Darius used to inscribe proclamations on stone slabs and install them at crowded places, where people could read them. It is amazing that King Asoka carried out the same idea but for a different purpose.[Edicts of King Asoka by Meena Talim-xviii]
2.This is a dangerous attitude in approaching the past, since it results largely from imposing twentieth century national boundaries on culture systems of two thousand or more years ago. The study of cultures as carried out by modern archaeologists has made it necessary that present day should consider the matter with a new and more correct perspective.[Romila Thaper-p.126-127]
Then we have to discuss what are the basic records are missing in the edicts of Devanampiya in addition to Kalinga King, Magadha King and Magadha name in XIII edict. If it was a Kalinga war then following analysis in reference to this may be taken into account.
Darius the Great
Darius I is known as Darius the Great. He ruled from c. 522-486/485. Darius died while in the process of preparing a second army to invade the Greek mainland .Darius and his son Xerxes are associated with the Greco-Persian or Persian Wars.
I am Darius the great king, the king of kings, the king of many countries, the son of Hystaspes, an Achaemenid.
By the favor of Ahuramazda these are the countries which I got into my possession along with this Persian people, which felt fear of me and bore me tribute : Elam, Media, Babylonia, Arabia, Assyria, Egypt, Armenia, Cappadocia, Lydia, the Greeks who are of the mainland and those who are by the sea, and countries which are across the sea, Sagartia, Parthia, Drangiana, Aria, Bactria, Sogdia, Chorasmia, Sattagydia, Arachosia, Hinduš, Gandara, Sacae, Maka.
The ‘daiva inscription’ of Xerxes, found at Persepolis.
King Xerxes says: By the grace of Ahuramazda these are the countries of which I was king apart from Persia. I had lordship over them. They bore me tribute. What was said to them by me, that they did. My law, that held them: Media, Elam, Arachosia, Armenia, Drangiana, Parthia, Aria, Bactria, Sogdia, Chorasmia, Babylonia, Assyria, Sattagydia, Lydia, Egypt, Yaunâ, those who dwell on this side of the sea and those who dwell across the sea, men of Maka, Arabia, Gandara, India, Cappadocia, theDahae,
· \ Bâbiruš \ Athurâ \ Thataguš \ Sparda
· \ Mudrâya \ Yaunâ \ tya \ drayahiyâ \ dâ
· rayatiy \ utâ \ tyaiy \ paradraya \ dârayat
· iy \ Maciyâ \ Arabâya \ Gadâra \ Hiduš \
· Katpatuka \ Dahâ \
baga \ vazraka \ Auramazdâ \ hya \ imâm \ bûm
im \ adâ \ hya \ avam \ asmânam \ adâ \ hya
\ martiyam \ adâ \ hya \ šiyâtim \ adâ \
martiyahyâ \ hya \ Xšayâršâm \ xšâyathi
yam \ akunauš \ aivam \ parunâm \ xšâyath
iyam \ aivam \ parunâm \ framâtâram \ ada
m \ Xšayâršâ \ xšâyathiya \ vazraka \ xšâya
thiya \ xšâyathiyânâm \ xšâyathiya \ dahy
unâm \ paruv \ zanânâm \ xšâyathiya \ ah
From this account one can get conclusion that:-
1.Here Ahurmazda as a god(god of knowledge) always on the top of the high preaching side and Inscriptions bearing religious flavor ..
2. Devanampiya Inscription not Preaching Largely Buddha but eulogize Dhamma only.
3. Xerxes inscription clearly giving Yauna as a separate entity and of Greek geography.
4. Devanmpiya/Asoka silent about Yavana relationship in his empire and which is opened by Rudradamana.
5. Either it is Darius or Xerxes the drafting of the Inscription is in a sequence to know the fact.
6. After a word of Kalinga only in XIII Rock Edict the drafting sequence is missing afterwards.
7. All the country name described under Darius and his son Xerxes seems all over border and distance of the empire.
8. Devanmpiya/Asoka’s first Youna empire in the border is Antiochus of Greek . Then what about the Persian Grand empire if Devanampiya/Asoka is not a Yavana king himself.[If one person standing in Odisha and describing the border and not saying regarding Bengal and Andhra but saying Gujurat] then it is suspicious that either that person standing in the border state of Gujurat or certain draft is missing.
9. In addition to God’s name personal name always take place in the edicts of Persian inscriptions.
10. Except a few in Indian Edict Asokan Name is missing and Devanampiya Piyadassi is a citation not name. If not then why Asoka not using in each edict , where is the problem?
11. Persian Kingdom is extended upto Gandhara region . Name of Kalinga also in that region in a Edict found at Old Kandahar in 1963.
12. Kalinga name in the outside of so called Asokan terrotiry and not mentioning great Persian empire in the border remains unanswered and suspicious one.
In last more correct perspective should taken with relation to modern archeological evidence to go into a conclusion. When European Historian challenged the Herodottos who is a pioneer in Historical writing about strength of the Persian army and other material with proper analysis then in India following emotional thinking and claiming the truth like Dhauli, Karubaki story is not just backwardness but a knowledge fantasy.