Employer use telephone interviews as a way of identifying and recruting candidates. Prepare for a phone interview as you would for a regular interview. Compile ab list of your strength and weakness as well as a list of answer to phone interview question.
- Keep your resume in clear view on the top of your desk, yo take it to the wall near the phone so it at your fingertip when you need to answer of question.
- Have a sort list of your accomplishment available to review.
- Have a pen and paper handy for note taking.
- Turn off your call waiting so your call isn’t interrupted.
- If the time is not convenient ask if you could talk at another time and suggested some alternatives.
- Clear the room from kids and pets. Turn off the sterio and TV and close the door.
Talking an phone interview is not easy.We always find it’s helpful to practice . Have a friend or family member conduct a mock interview and recorded so you can see how your sound over the phone. You’ll be able to hear your “Ums” and “Uhs” and “Okays” and you can reduceing them from your conversational speech.
During Phone Interview
- Don’t smoke ,chew gum, eat or drink
- Do keep a glass of water handy, incase you need to wet your mouth
- Smile,smiling will project a positive image to listener
- Use the person title (Mr or Mrs and their last name) only use first name if they ask you to
- Don’t interrupted the interview
- Take your time it’s perfectly acceptable totake a moment or two to collect your thoughts
- Give short answer
- Remember your goal is to set up a face to face interview
- After you thank the interviewer ask if it would be possible to meet in person
After the Interview
- Take note about what you were asked an d howb you answer
- Remember to say “Thank You”
- Follw a Thank you note if which you have interest in that job.